I had this random thought that I have done a few things in my life that the average person will never experience. I thought I would write a post entitled:
“Ten things I’ve done that you probably haven’t.” It developed a little like this:
Ten Eleven Twelve Thirteen Fourteen Fifteen Sixteen Seventeen Eighteen Nineteen Twenty things I’ve done that you probably haven’t
I arranged them in reverse alphabetical order, just for the sake of it! Then I thought of an added one, or four. So, here we have:
Some things I’ve done that you probably haven’t
- Travelled down the Rhine on a Duck
- Transferred between Royal Naval ships at sea by Jackstay
- Transferred between Royal Naval ships at sea by helicopter
- Spent time in a prison cell
- Sat in a Harrier Jump Jet
- Rowed in a coxed 4 at sea
- Regularly travelled to work by helicopter
- Qualified as a helicopter handling marshall
- Played bugle and drums in a Cadet Force band
- Helped to spy on Russian spies
- Helped to open a Playboy Club, with no women, in Bahrain
- Handled, and repaired Enigma machines
- Gassed hundreds of people, some several times
- Fallen out of the top of an oak tree
- Driven a tank
- Crawled under the Queen’s bed
- Crash landed a glider
- Been underwater in a submarine
- Been inside a radome
- Been in the impact area of High explosive shells
- Been an unpaid tourist guide
- Been totally alone on an island
- Been a sound engineer for The Gibraltar Song Festival
- Been a cave guide
All of these were achieved before the age of 40 but, if you have a large outstanding bucket list, do not despair, it is never too late!
I must admit that there is an amount of poetic licence involved, but where that is will only be revealed as I expand on each tale.
No state secrets will be revealed during the making of these blogs.
You may be waiting a while!